Saturday, August 09, 2003

i hate aching inside but that seems to be the only way out. i hate thinking about this but it never leaves my mind.
am i inferior ? am i boring you ? am i not what you thought i would be ? do you take me for me ? am i just a substitute ? have you ever stopped and think : how your actions toward me hurts. im sick of pondering so much, im sick of wondering why. people change, change so rapidly i cant catch you up. its like me turning to you the next day and find you gone. or me two years later on the streets, and you brushing past me like you didnt know me. like the friendship we had wasnt important. like it was nothing. i miss the way things were when you were you and me, me. clue me in about whats going on. i need to know. why you're pushing me away. away from you ; further and further , out of reach. i need to know. or i would be forced to think about what i never wanted to believe was the root of it all ; was friendship less important than stalks of roses ? or am i just a thorn ?

-

and i wanted to give you everything she's not giving.
i try to smile but i cant remember.
and i know tomorrow there'll be nothing else.

Maybe I'd do better on my own
No one ever seems to understand me
It's easier for me to be alone
There's still a piece of me that feels so empty

Where are you now?
I'm trying to get by with never knowing at all
What is the chance of finding you out there?
Do I have to wait forever?

I write about the things I'll never know
I can find a moment just to a slow down
It makes me think I'll never have the chance
To figure out… what it's all about
So tell me… what it's all about… 'cause

Where are you now?
I'm trying to get by with never knowing at all
What is the chance of finding you out there?
Do I have to wait forever?

Where are you now?
I'm trying to get by with never ever knowing at all
And I still don't know

Where are you now?
I'm trying to get by with never ever knowing at all
What is the chance?
Of finding you out there
Do I have to wait, do I have to wait, do I have to wait forever?

Now, don’t just walk away
Pretending everything’s ok
And you don’t care about me

And I know there’s just no use
When all your lies become your truths and I don’t care...

You took all there was to take,
And left with an empty plate
And you don’t care about it, yeah.
And I, I’ve given up this game
I’m leaving you with all the blame cause I don’t care,

Do you really have everything you want?
You could never give something you ain't got
You can’t run away from yourself
come on tell it to my face or have i been erased,
Are you happy now ?

Would you look me in the eye?
Could you look me in the eye?
I’ve had that all I can take
And I’m about to break
Cause I’m happy now,
Are you happy now?

im finding my way back to you
and everything we used to be
and waiting is all that i can do
until you find your way back to me
what if i said what i was thinking ?
what if that said too much ?
well, i cant care much now
when everyone's got a reason
i feel like giving up


i didnt notice
but i didnt care
i tried being honest
but that led me nowhere
i watched the station
saw the bus pulling through
and i dont mind saying
a part of me left with you

how can you turn and walk away
pretending everything's okay?
how can you turn your back ?
tell me ho ya gonna love me like that
well, i thought you'd listen
but im shattered like broken glass
well i thought that you were different, babe
yeah i though that we would last
and i know this world keeps on spinning
every minute that youre in it
how can you just break away ?
why cant you find the words to say ?
love is something you work at,
tell me why ya gonna love me like that
how can you throw us away ?
look at what you lost today
now everything is shades of grey
and now youre pushing me away
say all the things you want to say
thought we were going all the way
play all the games you wanna play
slowly we'll just fade away

so im counting my tears while i get over you.
sometimes i watch the world go by
i wonder what its like to see you everyday
with that smile on your face
everytime you walk away,
i pretend im okay.